- Python - 9 years.
- Java - 10 years.
- C/C++/Objective-C - 8 years.
- XML/XSL/XSD/RelaxNG - 9 years.
January 2010 - Present
- Fixed bugs and implemented new features for Thunderbird 3,
Mozilla’s email client.
- Oversaw students doing the same.
- Worked on a Django-based front-end for a database of ISP
November 2008 - December 2009
- Fixed bugs and implemented new features for Thunderbird 3.0,
Mozilla’s email client.
- Oversaw students working on a database of ISP configuration
- Specified and wrote a couple of iPhone applications.
- Finished release of Churchill Downs Mobile Application.
- Reviewed code and led meeting for the Basie Project.
- Researched bugs and suggested and implemented fixes for former
- Rewrote build system in Ant (from Microsoft's cmd shell).
- Wrote an invoice generator using JQuery, CouchDB, and
February 2002 - November 2008
Yes. Seven years. I was a founder, and had many different
positions and responsibilities within the company over that period.
- Mentored and assisted co-workers and co-op students.
- Designed and developed several translation servers, based
on the Phantom Fiber Server Framework.
- Added several key features and fixed many bugs in the
Phantom Fiber Server Framework.
- Ran the build server, packaged products for deployment, and
assisted clients in deploying those products.
- Designed and developed a Web front-end to the server using
SpringMVC, Facelets, and JSF.
- Architected, implemented, maintained and enhanced four core
pieces of functionality.
- Designed and developed several tools to assist in building
the software, as well as to prevent errors in critical
- Moved nearly seamlessly from client to server to supporting
products to tools and back.
September 2001 - January 2002
- Architected two Wireless Gaming applications for the
PalmOS and PocketPC platforms.
- Assisted in development of Java-based communication
Oct 1999 - September 2001
- Architected a high-volume Web Application.
- Designed and built a UML-to-Java Code Generator.
- Refactored the Expression Processing for a Visual
- Managed co-op students, and marked their work reports
and term evaluations.
January 1998 - September 1999
- Ported C programs from Unix to Windows.
- Fixed bugs in and added new features to ASP code.
- Re-designed Java applets using UML.
May 1995 - August 1997
- Worked on a highly customizable Microsoft "Wizard" to
assist in creating webpages and websites.
- Implemented the user interface for an offline browser.
- Assisted in converting an HTTP Client/Server/Proxy Server
to ActiveX controls.
University of Waterloo - BMath
Open Source Projects
- Mentored students in the Google Summer of
Code for 2007 and 2008.
- Mentoring developers and reviewing code for the Basie Project, a
software management portal.
- Co-wrote WifiToggle, an iPhone utility.